20 DIY Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please see my disclosure policies for full details.
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 7-11th. Let’s show them some love with one of these 20 teacher appreciation gift ideas.
Photo Credit: Pencil Cookies by The Decorated Cookie
I’m in love with these cute little cookies. Not only are they awesome to give as a little teacher gift at the end of the year, but they are equally appropriate for anything “school” related, like the end of the year party, graduation party, or the annual back to school bash. I think teachers appreciate little edible gifts like this because they receive so many gifts over the years it is hard to keep everything. Sort of like all of the cards, holiday cards, pictures, and letters; I’m sure every…single…one isn’t saved. And hey, don’t be discouraged if icing cookies isn’t your strongest skill. The Decorated Cookie provides detailed instructions, and much of piping skills required for this cookie is back-and-forth motions using basic tips. You can do it! Learn how HERE.
Photo Credit: Berry Basket Teacher Appreciation Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots
Have you seen a cuter spring flower arrangement? Everything about this Berry Basket Teacher Appreciation Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots is too adorable to sum up in words. If you have very little ones, I think this is a great gift for them to help you make on a Sunday afternoon to take to school on Monday. As a bonus, I would go ahead and make one for their favorite P.E., Music, Art, Reading teacher, Teacher’s Aid, and even their student tutor! I mean, who wouldn’t LOVE this? Every teacher in the school that interacts with your child, needs one! Read the full tutorial on how to make this adorable spring berry basket flower arrangement HERE.
Photo Credit: Apple Hoop Art by I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Confession, when I was a little girl, I loved hoop sewing and making little quilting details onto fabric. It was just really calming and it felt like art to me. I like to think that all kids find hand stitching as fun as I did as a child. You can set up this adorable teacher gift craft for your child by tracing the template, setting the fabric into the hoop and starting the stitches around the stem and leaf. Since the apple body can be less perfect, I would have your child finish the apple, and maybe add his/her initials somewhere off to the side. Hop over to I Should Be Mopping The Floor to print your template and read her art tutorial HERE.
20 DIY Teacher Appreciation Gifts
Are you looking for MORE great DIY teacher gift ideas? Click on the links below to read the tutorials for my favorite teacher gifts. Please leave a comment letting my friends know you found them at Behind the Mom Bun!
- Apple Grapevine Wreath by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Marbled Nail Polish Mugs by Strength & Sunshine
- Crayon Vase by Sheri Silver
- Teacher Pizza & Movie Night Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots
- DIY Succulent Terrarium by Family Food & Travel
- Pencil Cookies by The Decorated Cookie
- Pretzel Candy by Burlap & Blue
- Apple Hoop Art by I Should Be Mopping The Floor
- Sharpie Mug with Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix by 5 Minutes For Mom
- Crayon Jar Teachers Gift by Nest Full of New
- Berry Basket Teacher Appreciation Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots
- Saltine Toffee Teacher Gift by Suburban Simplicity
- 15 Minute Lanyard Teacher Gift by 365 Days of Craft & Inspiration
- Plastic Bottle Apples by Red Ted Art
- Candy Hawaiian Lei by Tikkido
- Umbrella with Note Teacher Gift by Mom Always Finds Out
- Herbs in a Rustic Can by Creative Green Living
- Apple Pinch Pots by Red Ted Art
- Smartie Pants Teacher Gift by Uncommon Designs
- Cup of Art Teachers Gift by Mama to 6 Blessings
No time to make a gift? Not feeling crafty? no problem! Check out these teacher appreciation gifts you can get delivered straight to your door.
Oh I love these!! Such great ideas!! Thanks for including us!
Thank you for including our DIY Succulent Terrarium – great ideas here. Pinned for later.